Friday, August 19, 2016

Fishing and Lying





It does not matter where, but fishing lies are being told this second. In Homosassa, the biggest liar in the world would tell me he caught a 32-pound Largemouth bass with a straight face. He was amusing because he believed himself that he also caught a 400-pound tarpon and so on. That's extreme but true.

The problem with some anglers, is telling just one friend or more where they caught the fish.  As selfish as it may seem, if you want the hole to yourself, keep quiet.  They figure, I’ll just tell my best friend and swear him to secrecy.  And that buddy will do the same and so on.  My Dad told me long ago to keep quiet.  Even with me, there is a flip side and if you know me, you will know that I have shared my knowledge for those who want to know. Not so much with tarpon or grouper rocks.  Just the pelagics and spotted seatrout etc. Sharing is a good thing. But I am still selfish at times.

There is a lot I can say about where I caught the fish without giving away the location.  I have said this about "the where question", when asked; in the mouth, in the water, on the bottom, on the surface etc. Fishing guides Intel is shared on the Homosassa flats, were sometimes simply north or south.  That could mean the opposite direction because we knew they were constantly lying.  Why?, because their lips were moving!

There is so much more to say about white lies. You will have to wait for the book to come out. I hope this does not turn out to be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment